Thursday, August 9, 2007

The Connecticut State Police on Probation?

Why shouldn't the Connecticut State Police be disbanded to have reduced powers, budget, and personnel to be a Connecticut Highway Patrol? My reasons [click here]

[click here] for blogger's fair use of copyrighted materials, notice.

* * * *

From the Hartford Courant:


Group Backs State Police

Agency Reaccredited, With Conditions

By TRACY GORDON FOX | Courant Staff Writer
August 8, 2007

The state police have been reaccredited, with conditions, by a team of assessors who found most of the department in order, but stipulated that the agency's internal affairs unit be re-evaluated in a year to ensure that problems are corrected.

To gain reaccredited status from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, the state police had to comply with 446 standards, the commission said. They did, with the exception of four areas - three in internal affairs and one in evidence storage - that needed to be corrected, said Lt. J. Paul Vance, a state police spokesman.

"There were some issues and they were accredited with conditions," said Sylvester Daughtry Jr., executive director of the commission. "They have a period of time to make any corrections and report back to the commission in 12 months."

But the department's union president, Steven Rief, said he believes the assessors from the commission should have been more thorough, given the recent problems with internal affairs and allegations of racism that have arisen in the state police.

"I do have concerns. CALEA didn't even talk to any of us [in the union], didn't reach out and talk to me," Rief said of the commission. "It just looks like one more whitewash.

"We have a number of problems. There is harassment going on within the workplace," Rief said. "We have all these problems that are still out there and nobody seems to be concerned about it."

Rief said the agency should have been put on probation.

"I think it warrants a further review and not for them to be here for only a week," he said.

The state police received its accreditation on July 28 at the commission's summer conference in Montreal. The state police also received a certificate of meritorious accreditation for being one of a handful of agencies to be continually accredited for more than 15 years.

Public Safety Commissioner John A. Danaher III and other top state police officials said they were pleased with the reaccreditation.

"Accreditation is a highly prized recognition of law enforcement excellence," said Col. Thomas Davoren. "Our commitment to the accreditation process represents our obligation to professional excellence."

The department was in the midst of making corrections to the internal affairs division when assessors came for their on-site visit, part of a three-year process of reaccrediting the agency. A 168-page report by the New York State Police and the Connecticut attorney general's office, released in December, outlined misconduct and improper influence in cases against troopers that involved domestic violence, sexual assaults, drunken driving, and larceny. The internal affairs unit has since been revamped, with all the complaints going to a centralized division.

In recent weeks, some black troopers have complained about derogatory remarks and offensive e-mails made about race. State officials are investigating the allegations.

Contact Tracy Gordon Fox at tfox@courant.com.

* * * *
* * * *
(added Dec. 29, 2007 10:25 AM EST):

Are Connecticut State Police out to protect prostitutes and railroad citizens to prison that complain?
[click here for post]

I was out to evict 3 prostitutes, and was told by Connecticut State Police Officers that I was kicked out of Connecticut. Another landlord moved to evict 3 prostitutes, then a 14 year old prostitute attacked Donald L. Christmas on his property, and only Donny faced prison. See a pattern?:


* * * *

The Cheshire Connecticut Home Invasion


Dr. William Petit prepares to address the crowd at a memorial service at Cheshire High School. (JOHN WOIKE / September 19, 2007) [click for Harford Courant links]

The Petit's home was entered by criminals. 3 family members suffered and died.

An absolute tragedy.

Some may think it selfish that I think of my case and of myself as I speak about the above story. Connecticut Governor M. Jodi Rell seems to want to scrap the system previously in place over this one case making incarceration, parole, and probation even more strict and abusive. Maybe the extent of the abuse these criminals suffered led to their "snapping". I am not saying criminals shouldn't be punished, but they should be tormented, psychologically tortured, and treated worse than animals, either.

Do you have to be rich, connected, and powerful to get any official respect in Connecticut?

I used to own rental properties in Stafford Springs, Connecticut, [video of properties] spending 100's of thousands of dollars fixing them up from a boarded up condition, years of my life.

A felon, a violent criminal alcoholic, drug abusing, house breaker, threatened my life and terrorized me for weeks, leaving messages of impending violence, telling me and my tenants that he intended on killing me. Brian Caldwell would bang on my door after midnight waking up neighbors and tenants, screaming that he'd cut off my penis if he caught me out in my own yard!

The Connecticut State Police and Stafford Town Police made it clear that they only served who they felt like protecting and serving and if I called in to complain about anything I got rude, threatening, arrogant, responses, or just plain excuses. Women that have been raped were treated rudely by Troopers, threatened with arrest for "making it up" when they were too lazy to investigate crimes.

Caldwell caught me in my dark driveway after weeks of being terrorized and having my life threatened. He beat me after beating all over my back and the back of my head. I had returned dog tired, after a double shift of work to my dark driveway. I thought he was grabbing a knife to cut off my penis, so I pepper sprayed him.

Police arrived to arrest only me, refused to listen to the threats Caldwell made on voicemail and answering machines of mine and others, and refused to take statements and complaints from my tenants, myself, and witnesses to the incident, and then perjured themselves at a rigged trial saying I never tried to lodge a complaint against Caldwell!

Connecticut State Troopers Langlois and Amaral paraded me around and around my house in front of my tenants and neighbors in handcuffs. They propped me against a State Police Cruiser highly visible to passer byers to RT 190 and my neighbors facing out on the cruiser with the bright light of another cruiser lighting me up, displayed for all to see.

I had been previously told by Connecticut State Police that I was kicked out of Connecticut and if I didn't leave I would be arrested, I was. Connecticut State Police then bragged that "Big Mouth is going to prison" before my trial.

I was told to plead guilty by the prosecutor, no deals, and I would get a year in a half in prison, or go to trial. I had no choice but to go to trial. The prosecutor told me that I could not be "unarrested" when it was found out that I was the victim of a strong armed robbery on my own property. The prosecutor wanted to shield police from being sued and punished for misconduct.

Connecticut State Police Officer Mulcahey again told me that I was kicked out of Connecticut, and that if I didn't leave Connecticut that I would be arrested again. I feared spending the rest of my life in prison for police retaliating against me for what I wrote in newspapers and for laws that I proposed to elected officials.

Stafford Officer Frank Prochaska and Stafford Connecticut Resident Trooper Mulcahey, allegedly offered Peter Coukos help in obtaining a pistol permit if he terrorized me and my daughter out of Connecticut.

Coukos left a message on my answering machine ranting and raving. I don't know if he was under the influence of alcohol, crack cocaine, and/or other drugs. Within his rant he had a message for my 14 year old daughter, "If she doesn't call me Mr. Coukos and say hello to me, she's dead!" He said exactly that, or something very similar. I went to Resident State Trooper Mulcahey in Stafford and he told me that I would be arrested if I pursued the matter.

Coukos left messages on my voicemail threatening me and my daughter's life. He caught me out in outside my home and started slapping me in the back of the head, punching me in the back, telling me he wanted my daughter, then 14, to give him a blow job, saying, "Turn around you piece of shit." Coukos had a deal with police that if I defended myself, only I, again, would be arrested.

Does this sound like "America" in an American State to you?

[more information]

check out:
http://thegetjusticecoalition.blogspot.com/

My email:
stevengerickson@yahoo.com

* * * *

* * * *

The Role of a State's Attorney General





Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal ignored [this letter] even when a US Congressman called and wrote in for an answer to it. No phone call or letter was received in reply. Should a State's Attorney General be about making sure that laws are followed or to run interference to see that a State and officials aren't, rightly, sued for violating citizens rights and breaking the law?

Should Blumethal, Governor M. Jodi Rell, John G. Rowland, former Police Commissioner Arthur L. Spada, Chief Justice Chase T. Rogers, William J. Sullivan, and others be subject to [these laws]?

Should a citizen like John Dibiase, Jr., get protection and help from Blumenthal, not the agencies and officials, that abuse families and children? [video story]

Should citizens that have been wronged by a rogue judge be helped? [video story]

[click here] for the Judicial Branch scam on taxpayers.

[click here] for my letter to the Washington DC FBI

Rules and laws haven't been followed by judges and Connecticut courts regarding the ADA since about 1980. If judges aren't acting Constitutionally and aren't following rules should any of their rulings be considered valid? Maybe that is why Bill Mulready's case was just thrown out. [more]

Judges in Connecticut can ignore laws and rules regarding limited liability corporations, known as "LLC", judges will rule on cases even though they don't have jurisdiction, and will retaliate against citizens that handle their cases pro se. Just ask Francis C. P. Knize. [video of testimony]

As a landlord, I didn't want to pay $2000/month to pay for 3 prostitutes to have free lodging, electricity, and heat, when I had no interest in supporting the criminals that a prosecutor and police thought I should and just "shut up about it". I, later, was prosecuted by the prosecutor, Keith Courier, who had told me not to file against prostitute, Lana Thompson, or he'd see to it that I was arrested and prosecuted. Donald L. Christmas did not want 3 prostitutes to have free lodging in his rental properties against the wishes of police. Donny, also, was arrested and faced prison, no deals, for being attacked on his property. [video]

The reasons police, judges, prosecutors, defense attorneys, legislators, the governor and aids, DCF, and other officials don't break ranks as they will also receive "blanket retaliation". Kristine Blake, a worker for the Connecticut Department of Retardation had false allegations made about her to the Manchester PD. The false accusers and the officers involved in a conspiracy never faced punishment. If Blake didn't have a passport stamped to prove she was out of the country at the time, she would have been railroaded to prison as a felon. [video 1] [video 2]

A Hartford Police Officer's young teen son was allegedly abducted by police, and allegedly strangled to death by a Connecticut State Police Officer, and then revived, as part of retaliation and a conspiracy to obstruct justice, intimidate witnesses, and cover up for police misconduct. [video]

Former Norwalk Connecticut Mayor Bill Collins talks about police officers throwing beer bottles on his porch and vandalizing his house, testifying in front of a special legislative committee in Hartford. Police retaliated for Collins complaining that citizens were being abducted, beaten, and interrogated in abandoned warehouses by police officers wearing ski masks. [video]

Richard "Ritt" Goldstein assembled international experts on Civilian Oversight of Police, and testified at a special hearing in front of legislators at the Capitol Building in Hartford:

Ritt soon after was so terrorized by Connecticut police that he fled the US to seek political asylum in Sweden. What does that say about Connecticut police, the courts, the Attorney General, the legislature, and Governor of Connecticut?

My email:
stevengerickson@yahoo.com

* * * *

The Connecticut State Police on Probation
















I just did a google search on "accreditation Connecticut State Police" not in quotes and [this entry] came up #1.

Connecticut State Police misconduct, the latest embarassment, Troop G, [click here for story]

Is there still "Gay Bashing" going on within the ranks of the Connecticut State Police?:

CT Officers ask AG to investigate state police
By Beth Berlo





GOAL/NE Vice President, Det. Michael Carney

Following what the Gay Officers Action League (GOAL) of New England has described as a series of discarded complaints in the internal affairs department at the Connecticut State Police, the organization is now asking the state’s attorney general to step in. [click here for more]

Share this post by clicking on white envelope below.

No comments:

Post a Comment